Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring is coming

 
On March 20, the first day of spring, I received the notification that my order from Stark Brothers Nursery shipped. When I returned home last evening from a work trip to Charleston, there they were, nicely packed in two large cardboard boxes on my front porch, shipped for free.  Two blueberry bushes, three grape plants, asparagus starts, two huge rhubarb roots, horseradish, and six fruit trees about 3 1/2 feet high and as big around as my thumb.  Its a tiny bit too cold here right now in the evenings, so the trees and plants will live in our cold, shut off spare room by night, and spend some time on the front deck hardening off by day.  We are off to plant the roots this evening.  While it might not seem like it on a cold snowy day, spring is coming.  The days are getting longer and if you pay attention to the tiniest clues, spring is here!   
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment